Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Wool Street Journal

Yesterday, I received my first copy of the Wool Street Journal! I had been expectantly checking the mailbox everyday, hoping it would be there, and yesterday it was.



This publication is like no other. I love the fact that it is printed in the US.  From the soft cream colored pages, to the fonts chosen for the articles, and the lovely decorative touches on each page, it is a delight. Reading the articles, is like visiting with old friends.  When reading you feel that you are part of a warm loving community.

I enjoyed the variety of topics covered, from personal accounts about rug hooking, to dyeing, to wool applique and needlepunch. The patterns and the technique descriptions were inspiring.  I was delighted by the story behind the cover rug, the Bicycle. I found the individual experiences and stories to be inspiring.

I can hardly wait for my next issue to come!




Thi

No comments:

Post a Comment